Ask an Accountant
Ask an Accountant
Wednesday, February 28, 2024 (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM) (PST)
Ask An Accountant is now quarterly! Our resident arts finance expert is here for you to ask your burning questions about the business side of theatre making. We welcome any question about arts finance at Ask An Accountant!
Not sure where to start? Here are some questions that Jericha has answered in the past!
- What kind of accounting system do I need? Do I have to have Quickbooks, or are there other options?
- When should I try to start my own 501(c)3? What other kinds of organizational structures are available to me?
- How do I properly account for multi-year restricted grants?
- What is accrual accounting and why should I consider using it?
- Every grant application and report I have to do seems to ask for things in a different format. How do I set up my accounting to make translating between formats as easy as possible?
- What kind of record-keeping system makes sense for me?
- How do I account for in-kind donations? When should I account for in-kind donations? What counts as an in-kind donation?
- How can I get the most use out of the budget I've created? How often should I update it? How accurate does it need to be?
- How do I create a budget for my project or small organization when there are so many unknown factors? I feel like I'm just making up numbers -- where do I start?
- What can I do to take some of the stress out of doing my taxes as an artist? How do I find a good tax preparer?
Refund policy: If for some reason you are unable to attend this webinar, please let us know at least 24 hours before the class, and we will be happy to issue a full refund. We apologize, but we are unable to give refunds for late cancellations.
Accessibility: This is a virtual Zoom event. Auto-generated captions will be available and enabled.
This Q&A will not be recorded, so be sure to attend live!